Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS)
Our Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) is a second-chance education and training scheme for adults. Programmes are education and progression focused and vocationally oriented. Learners keep their Department of Social Protection payments and, in some cases, meal and travel allowances are available subject to individual circumstances.
Our courses offer you the opportunity to:
- Improve your general level of education.
- Develop your skills and prepare for employment or self-employment
- Prepare for a new career or a change of career
- Obtain recognised qualifications
- Progress to a range of Further Education and Training courses or Higher Education
Our courses are full time and take place Monday to Friday and run from September to May/June over 1 to 2 years. Course holidays are the same as Post Primary Schools including midterms, Christmas, Easter and Summer.
We offer qualifications at National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Levels 4 and 5 along with industry recognised accreditation.
Courses include Childcare, Business Administration, Horsemanship and Horticulture but please see our List of Courses.
Why not take that first step and contact your Local VTOS Centre?